Webroot RockSafe E1000
The most nefarious forms of spyware continue to appear on enterprise networks at an alarming rate and just a single undiscovered intruder can cause extensive damage to your business. Some of these threats include:
- Threatened security of intellectual property
- Legal exposure due to compromised consumer or employee data
- Risk of violating compliance regulations
- Increased user downtime and costly drain on IT resources
- Paralyzed productivity at mission–critical workstations
- Diminished workstation performance and network stability
While desktop protection is an absolute necessity, utilizing gateway technology to slow the scourge of spyware is also imperative. In fact, most security analysts recommend a layered protection approach when it comes to Enterprise protection from spyware. To fill this gap, Webroot is offers the RockSafe E1000 perimeter anti–spyware SDK—the easiest to use, fastest, and most effective anti–spyware engine available for the network appliance OEM market.
RockSafe E1000 provides the core technology for products that monitor traffic at the network perimeter and take appropriate action when a spyware threat is identified. By scanning both URLs and binaries, RockSafe E1000 technology can be used to provide protection for inbound and outbound network traffic. With the comprehensive software, documentation and sample applications included in the RockSafe E1000 SDK, Webroot partners can quickly and easily integrate spyware protection into their network gateway appliances. RockSafe E1000 offers developers fast–track integration while satisfying the requirement of high–bandwidth environments for minimal performance overhead.
Key product benefits include:
- Spyware download URL identification
- Spyware communication URL identification
- Phishing URL identification
- Spyware binary identification
- Malicious ActiveX CLSID identification
- Small memory and disk footprint
- Performance optimized for minimal traffic latency
- Designed for easy integration
- Uses the same industry leading definitions as Webroot Spy Sweeper
RockSafe E1000 leverages the power of Phileas V, the next generation of Webroot’s automated spyware research system designed to proactively seek out the most malicious types of spyware and malware, and Webroot’s renowned in–house Threat Research Team. Phileas V includes a multi–tiered bot network that employs advanced research techniques, like deep packet sniffing. This and other advanced technologies ultimately improve Phileas’ ability to discover new threats more quickly, accurately and efficiently than ever before. Utilizing the data culled by Phileas V, Webroot’s Threat Research Team has created a comprehensive set of network perimeter signatures that can be used to stop malicious threats before they reach the desktop. With nearly 150,000 of these signatures, RockSafe provides a comprehensive first layer of defense.
Webroot plans to engage a select number of best–of–breed appliance vendors to bring the solution to market. Interested appliance vendors seeking to extend their security capabilities with best–in–class spyware protection, should contact Webroot Software to learn more about the technology and licensing opportunities.