Manufacturing, Pharma & Healthcare Web Security Overview
For companies in the pharmaceutical, healthcare and manufacturing industries, security standards compliance and specific industry compliance (e.g., HIPAA, PCI) are imperative to the ongoing business operations of these organizations. Failure to comply may not only result in regulatory actions, such as fines, but also loss of business, damage to reputation and loss of the public's trust.
Webroot's security solutions can play a critical role in protecting the privacy of records (e.g., medical records) or the security of protected information in electronic form (e.g., credit card information).
Webroot's products and services provide solutions to help companies comply with government or industry regulatory requirements (PCI, SOX, HIPPA, GLBA, etc) from a security perspective:
- SecureAnywhere - Our cloud-based end-point protection can be packaged by mobility solution providers to protect mobile PCs against malware and viruses using a light weight, high-performance client. This powerful security application protects against and removes the latest threats which are designed to compromise end users' PCs and steal personal and corporate information.
- Web & Email Security-as-a-Service - can be leveraged by manufacturing, pharma and healthcare providers to add web and email protection features regardless of where the network connection is made (cybercafe, hotel room, remote office or headquarters) and without the need for the user to manage their own security software/appliances. These services can protect sensitive information by setting policies that can, for example, automatically encrypt the contents of an outbound-email based on keywords in the email or automatically archiving emails for compliance and discovery requirements.
- Features & Benefits
SecureAnywhere cloud-based anti-malware/anti-virus:
- True cloud architecture:
- Innovative cloud-based approach leverages the power of centralized threat intelligence coupled with a light weight, high performance client to provide comprehensive, immediate protection from threats as they emerge. Effective protection against zero day threats and proven ability to find threats traditional security software often miss. Blocks malware, key loggers, phishing and other risks associated with accessing or providing sensitive information via online applications.
- Security Intelligence:
- Detailed security intelligence allows providers to proactively establish programs to improve the threat profile of their online user community or preempt threats to specific user groups or even an individual user.
- High Performance:
- Light-weight client provides extremely fast scan times with minimal impact to system resources. Doesn't conflict with pre-existing security software. Provides the ability to rapidly download & install, scan and remediate threats as a pre-requisite to accessing sensitive online resources.
Web and Email Security-as-a-Service:
- Quality of Service:
- Webroot's Web and Email security offerings are time tested and feature rich. Proven anti-malware, and anti-spam capabilities powered by behavioral based heuristics and comprehensive web filtering and reputation backed by industry leading SLAs.
- Flexible Policy-based Management:
- Policies can be easily set up for the entire organization but with enough granularity to support a single user.
- Visibility & Control:
- Data driven analytics and pre-emptive threat analysis help provide partners and their customers with visibility and control over the services.