Webroot Enhances Web, Email and Data Security with New SaaS Releases
Updates to Webroot® security services provide quota support to manage Internet use policies and a new policy-based encryption service to secure sensitive email communications
Boulder, Colo., June 30, 2009
Webroot, a leading Internet security provider for the consumer, enterprise and SMB markets, today announced new releases of Webroot® Web Security SaaS and Webroot ® Email Security SaaS with essential enhancements including web browsing quotas to enforce Internet use policies and a new Webroot Email Encryption Service to secure sensitive email communications.
“With the continued growth in volume and maliciousness of web threats, businesses today require more robust functionality to manage web security as well as employee Internet use,” said Don Beck, Webroot General Manager of SaaS. “For email security, email encryption is becoming required by law. Organizations are increasingly faced with legal, regulatory and compliance requirements. Our new Web and Email Security services address these concerns, block threats in the cloud and keep malware off the network.”
The new release of Webroot Web Security SaaS includes quota support which allows organizations to set, monitor and enforce granular Internet use policies for bandwidth, time spent surfing and number of Web sites visited. Quotas can be controlled independently and provide options to block or warn the user, email the administrator, or simply log the event. By using quotas, organizations can further manage and control employee web activity and easily identify policy violations with new reporting and detailed forensic data.
The new features of Webroot Web Security SaaS include:
- Quota Support for Policies: Monitor and enforce company Internet use policies for time spent online, bandwidth used, and number of sites accessed.
- Extended Log Duration: Extended access to detailed forensic data on Internet use across the organization.
- Search Engine Safe Search: Enforces “safe search” settings within major search engines to prevent inappropriate images from appearing in image search results.
- Updated Desktop Web Proxy: Improved support for mobile users; added ability to receive automatic updates and support for Citrix and Terminal Services environments.
Webroot Email Security SaaS now includes several end-user and administrator usability enhancements as well as a new policy-based email encryption service. The new Webroot Email Encryption Service helps businesses meet legal, compliance and regulatory standards by automatically encrypting email messages based on company email policy. This policy based encryption service expands data loss prevention capabilities and improves the secure handling of confidential company data.
The new features of Webroot Email Security SaaS include:
- Webroot Email Encryption Service: Set policies to automatically encrypt email communications to help meet legal, compliance and regulatory requirements and to protect sensitive data.
- Customizable Email Digest Reports: Improved branding and control over content of daily email summary reports provides end-users with the ability to more effectively manage their inbox.
- Usability Enhancements: Management portal enhancements make it even easier for customers to deploy, configure and manage their services.
Webroot is bringing the power of software-as-a-service (SaaS) to Internet security with its suite of Webroot® SecureAnywhere™ offerings for consumers and businesses. Webroot also offers security intelligence solutions to organizations focused on cyber-security, such as Palo Alto Networks, F5, Corero, Juniper, and others. Founded in 1997 and headquartered in Colorado, Webroot is the largest privately held Internet security organization based in the United States. For more information, visit http://www.webroot.com or call 800.772.9383. Read the Webroot Threat Blog: http://blog.webroot.com. Follow Webroot on Twitter: http://twitter.com/webroot.
©2013 Webroot Inc. All rights reserved. Webroot, SecureAnywhere, and Webroot SecureAnywhere are trademarks or registered trademarks of Webroot Inc. in the United States and other countries.