San Diego, CA – September 22, 2009
Webroot, a leading Internet security provider for the consumer, enterprise and SMB markets, will unveil the beta version of its latest consumer security innovation, Webroot® Internet Security Complete, today at DEMOfall 09.
Webroot Internet Security Complete uses a new, Web-based approach to protecting today’s online consumers who use multiple computers and mobile devices to share sensitive personal information in an increasingly hazardous threat landscape.
"Security and privacy on the Web are becoming more complex – we’re performing more personal transactions online with an expanding array of devices including netbooks and smartphones," said Paul Lipman, senior vice president and general manager for Webroot’s Consumer Business Unit. "At the same time, Webroot is seeing millions of new security threats emerge every year. Legacy security products, which remain mired on the desktop, are inadequate to protect against them. Webroot Internet Security Complete addresses these critical issues for modern Internet users by delivering unparalleled Web-based protection for what you really care about: Your identity, privacy and personal data."
Breaking from the industry’s legacy approach to security, Webroot Internet Security Complete is designed around the needs of a modern consumer’s online life. Webroot’s new security solution introduces:
- A hybrid desktop/cloud-based model to deliver security updates instantly without disrupting consumers’ online experience;
- Automatic synchronization of personal files and log-in credentials across multiple devices to ensure the highly mobile consumer can access them securely, anytime and anywhere;
- An identity manager that creates and safely stores highly secure passwords which can be automatically entered into favorite sites to avoid compromise by keyloggers; and
- Unprecedented availability of personal information and files via a unique Web portal where customers can securely access Webroot’s identity manager and share photos, videos and other files from any computer or mobile device.
All of this technology is seamlessly integrated with Webroot’s award-winning security against viruses, spyware, Trojans and other threats.
"The game is changing for the Internet security industry," said Charles Kolodgy, research director of Secure Products at IDC. "Consumers now share a vast amount of personal information across relatively new forms of networked devices, putting their identities and finances at risk. Threats are growing at an alarming rate and protection is no longer just about computers: You can reimage your machine, but you can’t reimage your life. Webroot shows great promise for solving this issue for today's online consumer with Webroot Internet Security Complete."
Webroot was selected by a panel of industry influencers to demonstrate at DEMOfall 09. The DEMO conferences have earned a reputation for consistently identifying tomorrow's cutting-edge technologies that will disrupt current markets and change how people use digital technologies.
"We use the Internet like never before to handle a range of daily tasks like paying bills and booking travel plans, and we’re not just doing them at home anymore," said Chris Shipley, executive producer of the DEMO Conferences. "Webroot Internet Security Complete answers the call for a security solution that insures that the sensitive information we’re now sharing online is protected no matter where we use the Web. Webroot is smart protection in a rapidly changing, financially-driven cybercrime environment."
Webroot Internet Security Complete Features And Benefits
- Complete identity protection
- Hybrid desktop/cloud-based security instantly delivers the latest malware protection
- Web portal provides secure, ubiquitous access to files, passwords and other sensitive information
- Password management technology generates, stores and secures passwords from keyloggers
- Award-winning Webroot® Spy Sweeper® antispyware
- Two-way firewall makes computers invisible to hackers
- 10GB of online storage for photos, music and files
- System cleanup keeps computers running fast
- Intuitive interface makes security easy to manage
- Free U.S.-based phone, email and Web support
The beta version of Webroot Internet Security Complete is compatible with: Windows® Vista® (32-bit all editions); Windows Vista SP1 (32- and 64-bit (all editions); Windows 7® 32- and 64-bit; Windows XP® SP2 and SP3 32-bit; 300MHz processor (minimum); 1GHz (recommended on Vista); 256 RAM (minimum); 2GB (recommended on Vista); 200 MB hard disk space; Internet Explorer® 6.0 and higher; and Firefox® 3.0 and higher.
The final version of the product is expected to be available for purchase online and in select retail stores in early 2010.
Editors’ Note: Meet Webroot in San Diego at DEMOfall 09 on stage at 2:25 p.m. Tuesday, September 22, and at DEMO Pavilion Station 27, September 22 and 23.
Produced by Network World Events and Executive Forums, the semi-annual DEMO conferences focus on emerging technologies and new products, which are hand-selected from across the spectrum of the technology marketplace. The DEMO conferences have earned their reputation for consistently identifying tomorrow's cutting-edge technologies, and have served as launch pad events for companies such as Palm, E*Trade, Handspring, and U.S. Robotics, helping them to secure venture funding, establish critical business relationships, and influence early adopters. Each DEMO conference features approximately 70 new companies, products and technologies.
©2013 Webroot Inc. All rights reserved. Webroot, SecureAnywhere, and Webroot SecureAnywhere are trademarks or registered trademarks of Webroot Inc. in the United States and other countries.