Broomfield, CO – December 6, 2012
Webroot, a leader in delivering Internet security as a service, has been named a finalist for a 2013 SC Magazine Excellence Award for outstanding leadership and achievement in information security. Webroot® SecureAnywhere™ Business – Endpoint Protection solution is recognized in the Best Emerging Technology category, which acknowledges companies with superior security products and services that look to help shape the future by addressing fast-evolving threats, and the newest information security requirements facing organizations.
Webroot designed the cloud-based Webroot SecureAnywhere Business - Endpoint Protection from the ground up to provide the most advanced real-time protection available against both known and unknown malware. Unlike traditional security solutions, Webroot SecureAnywhere installs in seconds, scans in less than two minutes, and never requires security updates or signature database downloads which consume network bandwidth and leave users exposed.
"Cutting-edge solutions are needed to fight the growing complexities of cyber attacks, and, as a finalist in the SC Awards, Webroot has demonstrated the ability to execute innovative and comprehensive IT security measures," said Illena Armstrong, vice president and editorial director of SC Magazine. "SC Magazine, our distinguished panel of expert judges and the entire industry will take a moment to recognize these efforts with this year's awards gala."
The innovation begins with the Webroot SecureAnywhere's threat analysis, as it automatically blocks known bad files and identifies suspicious or unknown files. The behavior of these files is analyzed in the cloud with the Webroot Intelligence Network. If the file is determined to be bad at any time, SecureAnywhere automatically quarantines it, updates the Webroot Intelligence Network, and rolls back any changes the file made to the system. This effectively remediates the threat without the need to reimage the system, and since the threat intelligence is shared instantaneously in the cloud, every Webroot customer is protected within seconds of when a new threat is identified.
Key Webroot SecureAnywhere Business – Endpoint Protection features include:
- Malware Remediation – Comprehensive detection and removal engine identifies known and unknown threats, including dangerous rootkits and other pieces of malicious software, and removes these files from users' systems.
- SafeStart Sandbox – Unknown files may be designated to only open within a protected sandbox for evaluation of behaviors. This helps to ensure that unwanted applications and files do not infect users' systems.
- Remediation Rollback – Fail-safe rollback feature provides the ability to restore any program, as well as roll back cleanup processes to a previous state.
- Webroot Intelligence Network – Real-time threat detection and analysis via the largest database of objects in the security industry.
- Instant Deployment – Deploys via a packaged MSI installation file, custom deployment tool, or link to download the executable.
- Minimal Management – A web-based management console lets IT administrators easily manage end-user policies via an intuitive interface offering.
- Software Compatibility – Compatible with other software applications, including other endpoint security solutions, making deployment alongside existing applications very easy.
- System Monitoring/Application Endpoint Firewall – Sophisticated cloud firewall protects your users when they're outside the corporate gateway, augmenting the Microsoft® Windows® firewall to offer full control of outbound and inbound connections without adding an unnecessary drain on endpoint resources.
"Enterprises continue to experience a high rate of infections and breaches. Conventional antivirus solutions are not designed to counter these recent malware scenarios, and a new approach is needed to detect and prevent malware from infecting users' endpoint devices," said Mike Malloy, executive vice president of Webroot Products and Strategy. "Webroot designed and architected its Webroot SecureAnywhere Business - Endpoint Protection solution from the ground-up, offering an innovative and effective way of detecting malware."
Winners of this year's SC Awards U.S. will be announced at a gala dinner and award ceremony to be held in San Francisco on Tuesday, Feb. 26, 2013. The event is a night filled with excitement, along with an invaluable opportunity to network with the top corporate IT professionals in attendance. To attend the awards, please register at https://www.eiseverywhere.com/ereg/newreg.php?eventid=51723&categoryid=389844.
About SC Awards
The SC Awards, now in its 16th year, are the premier global recognition for information technology (IT) security professionals and products that fend off the myriad security threats in today's corporate world. The annual awards showcase the best solutions, services and professionals while recognizing achievement and technical excellence. SC Magazine distinguishes the achievements of the security professionals in the field, the innovations happening in the vendor and service provider communities and the fervent work of government, commercial and nonprofits.
©2014 Webroot Inc. All rights reserved. Webroot, SecureAnywhere, and Webroot SecureAnywhere are trademarks or registered trademarks of Webroot Inc. in the United States and other countries.