WEBROOT, INC COMPLIES WITH THE U.S.-EU SAFE HARBOR FRAMEWORK AND THE U.S.-SWISS SAFE HARBOR FRAMEWORK AS SET FORTH BY THE U.S. DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE REGARDING THE COLLECTION, USE, AND RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM EUROPEAN UNION MEMBER COUNTRIES AND SWITZERLAND. WEBROOT INC. HAS CERTIFIED THAT IT ADHERES TO THE SAFE HARBOR PRIVACY PRINCIPLES OF NOTICE, CHOICE, ONWARD TRANSFER, SECURITY, DATA INTEGRITY, ACCESS, AND ENFORCEMENT. TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE SAFE HARBOR PROGRAM, AND TO VIEW WEBROOT INC. CERTIFICATION, PLEASE VISIT http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/
- January 1, 2002
- Last Updated:
- August 1, 2015
- Why Webroot Collects Personal Information
- Webroot collects your Personal Information only where it is required in order to provide you the best services and products available. By maintaining an accurate customer database, we are able to send notifications via e-mail to keep you informed about the status of your orders or accounts and to provide updates and technical notices. These messages are essential to the maintenance of your subscription and the functionality of our products and services. Aside from your credit card information, Webroot does not intentionally collective "sensitive personal information," which induces, for example, Personal Information specifying medical or health conditions, racial or ethnic origin, or trade union membership.
- What Information We Collect
- Webroot collects your Personal Information at a variety of points, including when you visit the Website, place an order, (which may require you to provide Personal Information, including a credit card number, to our payment gateway providers), register software, request services or take part in other activities on our Website. For example, we often ask for your Personal Information when you are conferring with one of our customer support technicians, downloading a new product or program update, registering your software or purchasing a product. During these interactions we will collect Personal Information relevant to your transacting with Webroot, such as your name, mailing address, phone number, e-mail address, shipping address and credit card information along with information about the Webroot products you own, such as the activation code or key code, date of purchase and information relating to a support issue. We use this information for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we will use this information to contact you. When you register, you will be provided with an option to opt-out of receiving promotional information on our products and services.
- Please be aware that if you prefer not to provide us with your Personal Information, because such information may be necessary for us to provide certain services, we may not be able to, or may choose not to, make such services available to you.
- Regarding Children
- Webroot does not offer services to children under the age of 13, and the Website is not directed to children under the age of 13. Webroot does not intentionally gather Personal Information about children who are under the age of 13.
- Cookies and Other Technologies
- Following common e-commerce practices, Webroot uses different information technologies to understand traffic and downloads on the Website, enabling us to improve the Website and provide the best online experience possible and improve our ability to serve our customers.
- As is true of most web sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream dat. We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this to improve services we offer you, to improve marketing, analytics, or site functionality.
- We use Local Storage Objects (LSOs) such as HTML5 to store content information and preferences. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our site or to display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity use LSOs such as Flash to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing LSOs. To manage LSOs please click here: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html
- We partner with a third party to either display advertising on our Web site or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third party partner may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this site and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt-out by clicking here (or if located in the European Union click here) Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads. You will continue to receive generic ads.
- Sharing Your Personal Information
- We also may disclose your Personal Information, or other information that we receive in the course of our interactions with you, when we believe that disclosure is (a) required by law, (b) necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of Webroot or its employees, its customers, or others, and/or (c) is necessary to comply with a lawful request, court order, or legal process served on Webroot.
- If you choose to use our chat forum and require assistance, and would like someone to follow-up with you, then you will be asked to provide an email address. The email address is stored in "chat logs" by a third party, but is not utilized in any way by them and remains our information.
- The profile you create on our community site will be publically accessible unless otherwise indicated. You may change the privacy settings of your profile through your account portal.
- Webroot Affiliates And Links To Other Websites
- How We Communicate with You
- Webroot has an optional e-mail service for customers who wish to periodically receive promotional information, such as general product, service and Webroot news. Users can sign up for emails through one of the following processes: (1) an online purchase; (2) registering through the full application; and (3) registering through the trial application.
- Customers are provided the option to opt-out within each e-mail. If you no longer wish to receive Webroot communications, you may "unsubscribe" from our e-mailing service at any time in the following ways:
- By clicking on the auto-unsubscribe link included in each e-mail; or
- By contacting our technical support department at 1-800-772-9383.
- We will then update our database and take reasonable measures so that no further promotional correspondence should be sent to your e-mail address. You may, however, still receive transactional messages.
- Surveys and Contests
- From time-to-time we may provide you the opportunity to participate in contests or surveys on the Website. If you participate, we will request certain Personal Information from you. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. The requested information typically includes contact information (such as name and email address), and demographic information (such as zip code).
- We use this information to monitor site traffic and personalize the site, and to notify contest winners and award prizes.
- We may continue to use a third party service provider to conduct these surveys or contests; that company is prohibited by contract from using your Personal Information for any other purpose. We will not share the Personal Information you provide through a contest or survey with other third parties unless we give you prior notice and a choice to opt-out.
- Transactional Messages
- Webroot sends required notifications via e-mail to keep you informed of the status of your orders or accounts and to provide updates and technical notices. This service is used for messages that are important for the maintenance of your subscription and the functionality of our services. When you purchase or register a product online, we require an e-mail address for completion of the transaction, which we will use for these communications. In order to stop receiving these notifications, please contact our technical support team http://www.webroot.com/in/en/support/. You will be opted out of further communications within ten (10) business days. Please Note: Opting out of these notifications may result in the software becoming outdated and will prevent us from sending technical notices to you.
- Ways to Update Your Personal Information
- Webroot carefully maintains our customer database in an effort to keep your Personal Information accurate for the purposes for which it is used. It is your right to be able to update your Personal Information as needed. You can correct out-of-date information, update information, remove information, delete your Personal Information or review any information previously provided to Webroot by calling our individual sales department office during normal business hours (7 a.m. MST to 6 p.m. MST) at 1-800-772-9383 or you can do it online by logging into your account and edit your information under account settings. Changes will be implemented within ten (10) business days. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. Please note, however, that we may retain certain information relating to software licensing and your information may also be retained in our archives. When contacting customer service, we will verify your identification through the use of security questions before sharing any Personal Information as it appears in our customer database. Webroot will retain Personal Information received from the E.U. only for as long as is necessary to accomplish its legitimate business purposes or for as long as may be required by applicable law.
- Public Forums/Blogs
- Our Website offers publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you believe that an unauthorized profile has been created about you, you can request for it to be removed by contacting us at email@example.com. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
- Webroot's Commitment to Data Security
- Webroot has security measures in place, such as the following, to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of your Personal Information in our customer database. Personal Information provided to Webroot is stored in secure facilities with access restricted to authorized personnel only. We have put in place a series of access-control procedures required for retrieval of Personal Information. The Website is regularly tested for security breaches to protect against unauthorized viewing of Personal Information.
- We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once it is received. Webroot DOES NOT store credit card information. If you choose to purchase the software online using a credit card, the credit card information is sent to Webroot using reasonable security. If at any time you would like to make a purchase, but do not want to provide your credit card information online, you may contact an individual sales representative over the telephone. Simply call 1-800-772-9383.
- Enforcement for Personal Information Subject to the Safe Harbor
- Webroot Contact Information
- Send written correspondence to:
385 Interlocken Crescent
Broomfield, CO 80021
- Contact us by phone:
- Office hours: Monday - Friday 9 AM - 5 PM, MST (except Holidays)
- Telephone: (800) 772-9383 or (303) 442-3813