PC and Mac Anti-Fraud Security Solutions
Layered security ensures that online transactions are secure. Webroot secures the customer device and browser.
- Prevents customers from being redirected to fraudulent websites
- Detects and blocks phishing sites in real-time
- Protects against Man-in-the-Middle and Man-in-the-Browser attacks
- Protects the browser components from external access
- Protects against keyloggers
Detection and Remediation
- Detects and removes all types of malicious software, including financially-targeted Trojans, viruses, worms, rootkits, bots, spyware, adware and zero-day threats
Webroot SecureAnywhere® AntiVirus detects, removes and protects against malicious software on PCs in real-time without the need to download signature files. Offering this solution to your customers secures them and your organization. Identity Shield, a key feature of Webroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus, provides secure browsing, anti-phishing, and credential protection to protect online banking sessions, even if the customer's PC is infected.
Webroot Web Access Intelligence – Provides real-time, actionable threat intelligence so the organization can determine whether to allow an online session or transaction.
Mobile Fraud Prevention Solutions
Mobile Security SDK – Embeds security features into the banking app to perform a quick, silent scan of the mobile device, to determine the health of the device. Real-time data is available to the financial institution risk and fraud management. Active monitoring and remediation of threats can be optionally turned on.
The Webroot product and solution portfolio is backed by the Webroot Intelligence Network, the world’s most power threat analysis engine that continuously monitors and analyzes threats across its 35 million user base and provides real-time threat detection and fraud mitigation.
Webroot® Intelligence Network (WIN) is enhanced by a contextual database to correlate information for dynamic intelligence. This provides next-generation threat intelligence that is always up to date, highly accurate, contextual, and actionable.
Learn more about the Webroot Intelligence Network.
Webroot SecureAnywhere® AntiVirus
Solve the security threats and issues faced by financial institutions and their customers with award-winning fraud and malware threat protection. The Identity Shield feature of Webroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus provides secure browsing, anti-phishing, credential protection to protect online sessions, even if the customer's PC is infected. Identity Shield effectively places a firewall around browsers and the system, protecting users from external intruders who steal information.
Webroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus
- Specializes in detecting and removing early "zero day" malware and "targeted attacks"
- Designed to see all malware and protect against all vectors of attack
- Eliminates the window of exposure with real-time detection and analysis
- Real-Time Anti-Phishing
- Applied instantly across all websites the user visits
- Ensures users only connect to safe, legitimate websites when transacting and interacting online
- Sites are verified at the time of the request to ensure they are genuine and safe
- Detects phishing sites three to five days ahead of other phishing detection services
- Provides visibility at the endpoint with real-time actionable intelligence
- Small, fast & lightweight protection, will not impact PC performance
- Downloads and installs in seconds
- Ultra-fast scan times, first can <2 minutes, subsequent scans ~ 20 seconds
- All users are instantly protected, no configuration required and no need to download signature updates, "fit and forget"
- Cleans infections quickly and thoroughly
- Will work along existing security solution
- Supports multiple languages
- 24/7 online customer support provided by Webroot
Visit Webroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus for further information, including comparisons to other antivirus security solutions, reviews, and system requirements.
Web Access Intelligence
Real-time threat analysis is delivered as the online banking application is accessed. Banks receive real-time actionable intelligence to reduce fraud risks and control account access.
Partnered with Webroot SecureAnywhere® AntiVirus program, Web Access Intelligence:
- Identifies if customer has Webroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus protection
- Verifies the device ID used by a specific customer
- Determines the infection level of a customer device
- Establishes if online account access poses a risk to the customer or the bank
Banks may stop the transaction for devices with malware and suspend customer access until the customer resolves the security issue. Banks may contact customers with malware to improve awareness of malware-related fraud.
Mobile Fraud-Prevention Solutions
Account access via mobile banking is increasing yet mobile devices pose a high threat risk to financial institutions. The use of public Wi-Fi, device loss, downloading of apps from third-party sites, and attacks targeting banking customers expose customers and banks to greater risks.
Mobile Security SDK – Android™ and iOS®
Securing mobile banking starts with delivering protection through the mobile banking app. The Webroot Mobile Security SDKs are designed to be embedded within a bank’s mobile banking app.
The Mobile Security SDK:
- Scans and collects security data within 2 seconds of the app launching
- Reports real-time device and threat information directly to the bank’s app for instant analysis, interrogation and action
- Embeds security components of Webroot Mobile Security
- Detects and removes all types of malicious software including unique zero-day threats, viruses, worms, rootkits, Trojans, bots, spyware and adware
- Protects against malware executing Man-in-the-Browser and Man-in-the-Middle attacks
- Protects the Browser and Keyboard
- Detects and blocks phishing sites
- Works behind the scene and will not interfere, change or modify the functions or transactions of the mobile banking app
- Small footprint and very lightweight usage of CPU, bandwidth and battery
- Does not require involvement by customer to install or operate
- Does not require root or administrative access
- Webroot does not capture or store customer-specific data
- All user interaction is fully configured and controlled by the bank
How is Webroot different to other security software?
Webroot SecureAnywhere — Endpoint Protection offers users of traditional endpoint security solutions a superior cloud-based alternative that is the lightest, fastest, and most effective endpoint security solution on the market. Webroot is easy to deploy, install, and manage and does not conflict with any other endpoint application. The size of the Webroot client is significantly smaller than traditional endpoint security (1MB) serving to improve PC performance and greatly reduce scan times. Initial scan times are around 2-5 minutes. Subsequent scan times are reduced even further to between 30 and 60 seconds.
The solution takes an entirely different approach to threat detection by eliminating traditional signature based detection at the endpoint and leveraging the cloud as the central intelligence network. This unique and innovative approach means users and their devices remain protected in real-time, wherever they are, against both known and unknown threats.
Does Webroot also provide a secure browsing solution?
Yes, Webroot Identity Shield protects user information and transactional data that may be exposed during online transactions due to specific types of threats including phishing, DNS poisoning, keystroke logging, screen grabbing. cookie scraping, clipboard grabbing, and browser and session hijacking by malicious software executing man-in-the-browser or man-in-the-middle attacks.
How many Financial Institutes are currently using the Webroot technology?
Over 30 Financial Institutes globally utilize Webroot solutions to improve their online security, protect their online banking customers and gain access to critical security intelligence to mitigate fraud losses.
What impact is there on the customer experience when downloading and running the Webroot Software?
At under 1MB in size, the software will download and install in seconds allowing the customer to continue with their online session.
Initial scan times are around 2-5 minutes. Subsequent scan times are reduced even further to between 30 and 60 seconds. Processing and resource usage on a user's device is minimal, so unlike traditional security solutions Webroot will not impact the customer's experience, at any time.
Will the software conflict with other security applications?
Webroot is fully compatible with all other endpoint applications and secure browsing solutions.
Will installing the software have any impact on the performance of a customer's PC?
The software is very different to other security products as it has been designed to be extremely quick and unobtrusive, with a high level of protection. It is small at under 1MB, and downloads in seconds. It is also extremely lightweight, and uses less than 5% of the RAM. Webroot will not slow down a PC or impact PC performance.
The software maintains a real-time link to the Webroot cloud database and is always automatically up-to-date with the latest threats.
Does the software support multiple languages?
Webroot supports multiple languages including:
Who manages customer support in relation to the Webroot software?
24/7 online support is provided by Webroot. Additional telephone support options are available.
Is Integration required by the online provider to deploy the Webroot software?
No integration is required to promote and distribute the Webroot Software to customers. All that is required is an information page for the customer with a link to Webroot so the customer can download the software. Webroot will host and manage the software download.
What are the system requirements to install and run the software?
The software has an extremely light footprint and will run effectively even on very low specification PCs.
What Operating systems and browsers does Webroot software currently support?
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 10 32- and 64-bit, Edge browser not currently supported
- Windows® 8, 8.1, 32 and 64-bit
- Windows® 7, 32 and 64-bit
- Windows Vista®, 32 and 64-bit
- Windows® XP Service Pack 2 and 3, 32 and 64-bit
- Windows® XP Embedded
- Mac OS X® v.10.10 "Yosemite"
- Mac OS X® v.10.9 "Mavericks"
- Mac OS X® v.10.8 "Mountain Lion"
- Mac OS X® v.10.7 "Lion"
- Internet Explorer® version 8 and newer
- Mozilla® Firefox® version 3.6 and newer
- Google Chrome™ version 11 and newer
- Opera version 11 and newer
- Safari 5 and newer
Does Webroot collect any customer data?
Webroot does not collect or store any personally Identifiable Information.
Are you able to provide management Information and threat intelligence reports?
Webroot are able to provide statistics and management information about the use and take-up of the software, threats that it becomes aware of that affect the online provider, and anonymous aggregated scan, threat Information gathered by the software.
- Reports are for the online provider's customers only and include:
- Number of downloads
- Types of operating system, browser and patches/service packs in use
- Existing security software in use and status
- Types of infections identified and severity of threats
- Distribution of infections across operating system, browser, and existing security software
- Volume of attempts to access phishing websites, to which user access has been blocked
Do you have the ability to identify an individual machine connecting to an online session?
Webroot Identify now has the ability to inform the online provider of the security status of a PC that a customer is using when accessing an online session.
Does Webroot also include protection for Mobile devices? If so, which platforms does it cover?
Yes, Webroot Mobile Security unifies security across desktop and mobile devices, synchronizing data files and web log-in credentials across all devices; PC, tablet, and smartphone. Webroot Mobile Security includes a broad range of features such as anti-malware, secure browsing, anti-phishing and application profiling to help protect customers against threats to their device, identity and data.
Webroot Mobile Security supports Android and iOS devices.
What commercial models are available for an online provider?
Webroot offer a range of packaged distribution and commercial models tailored to meet the requirements of each individual provider. Contact the Webroot Banking and Finance team for more information.