Clearwater, Fla. – July 26, 2011
Tech Data Corporation (NasdaqGS: TECD) today announced a distribution agreement with Webroot, a global leader in Internet security. Webroot provides endpoint and Web security services for businesses and anti-malware, privacy and identity protection for consumers. Security services from Webroot are now available to Tech Data’s resellers in North America as part of its Security Solutions offering.
"Security and privacy on the Web have become increasingly complex as we perform more personal transactions online from an expanding number of locations and devices," said Stacy Nethercoat, Vice President of Software Product Marketing at Tech Data. "Webroot’s extensive portfolio for home users and businesses enables resellers to protect their customers with top-notch protection while providing tools our partners need to build their security practices."
In addition to endpoint and cloud-based Internet security services from Webroot, Tech Data resellers will have access to the company’s product trials, interactive demonstrations and other tools to educate both their sales teams and customers.
"Webroot is committed to helping our partners meet their customers’ continuously changing needs," said David Bennett, Senior Director of Global Sales at Webroot. "Partnering with Tech Data will enable us to work more closely with resellers targeting small-to-medium-sized enterprises. We will also be able to scale at a greater rate, with a broader reach toward security specialists and consumer retail partners."
The portfolio of Webroot products Tech Data now extends to its customers includes:
- Webroot® Web Security Service - Industry-leading Web threat protection, Web filtering, and Internet policy enforcement for organizations of all sizes
- Webroot AntiSpyware Corporate Edition with AntiVirus - Award-winning solution that delivers light, fast, and effective malware protection with powerful remediation
- Webroot Internet Security Complete - Hybrid cloud/desktop security that blocks threats and protects identity, privacy, and personal files
- Webroot Internet Security Essentials - A security suite that blocks Internet threats, improves system performance, and automatically stores files
- Webroot AntiVirus with Spy Sweeper® - A 2010 PCMag Editors’ Choice award winner that protects against all forms of viruses and spyware
Webroot’s security portfolio is available through Tech Data’s Security Solutions group at (800) 237-8931 ext. 72415 and online at www.techdata.com/techsolutions/security. To learn more about Webroot’s security services for consumers and businesses, visit www.webroot.com.
ABOUT TECH DATA
Tech Data Corporation is one of the world’s largest wholesale distributors of technology products, services and solutions. Its advanced logistics capabilities and value added services enable 125,000 resellers in more than 100 countries to efficiently and cost effectively support the diverse technology needs of end users. Tech Data generated $24.4 billion in net sales for the fiscal year ended January 31, 2011, and is ranked 109th on the Fortune 500®. To learn more, visit www.techdata.com.
©2014 Webroot Inc. All rights reserved. Webroot, SecureAnywhere, and Webroot SecureAnywhere are trademarks or registered trademarks of Webroot Inc. in the United States and other countries.