Broomfield, CO – February 21, 2013
Webroot, a leader in delivering Internet security as a service, today released the results of a third party test that establishes Webroot® SecureAnywhere™ Business – Endpoint Protection as the absolute performance leader in terms of overall impact of antimalware software on devices using Windows® 7 operating system. Webroot's performance benchmarks against other leading endpoint solutions show that its real-time, cloud-based protection offers extremely effective security against both known and unknown malware with minimal performance impacts on the endpoint device or the user's productivity.
Webroot earned top ratings in the test conducted by PassMark Software, an independent software testing lab, in a major review of performance benchmark testing for eight of the latest endpoint protection software products. The products were rated according to 13 core performance metrics using the Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit operating system. Webroot SecureAnywhere Business – Endpoint Protection received the highest overall scores in their respective categories. Specifically, PassMark Software found that Webroot SecureAnywhere – Endpoint Protection installed faster, scanned faster, booted faster, used less memory and required less disk space then every major competitor. The complete report is available at http://www.webroot.com/shared/pdf/Passmark_Endpoint_2013.pdf.
"PassMark was commissioned to conduct independent performance testing on Webroot SecureAnywhere Business - Endpoint Protection and seven leading competitor products across 13 selected performance metrics. Having attained an overall score of 97 out of a maximum of 104, Webroot ranked the highest, with the next competitor being 30 points behind," commented David Wren, Managing Director, PassMark.
Top report findings:
- Webroot SecureAnywhere installed in just 16 seconds on average and the quickest competitor took 99 seconds, while the slowest took a dismal 1,183 seconds to install.
- Webroot SecureAnywhere completed a scheduled scan in an average of 23 seconds compared to the competition that averaged 635 seconds.
- Webroot SecureAnywhere scanned six times faster than the quickest scheduled scan time set by a competitor, and 92 times faster than slowest scheduled scan time set by another competitor.
- Webroot SecureAnywhere uses only 15.3 percent of CPU resources when scanning a mixed set of media, system and Microsoft® Office files of over 5GB, compared to other vendor products that use on average 27.9 percent of CPU resources.
- Webroot SecureAnywhere uses 0.4MB of RAM memory when the system is idle compared to the competitors' average of 73.3MB, and up to 94% more memory.
"Unlike traditional security solutions, Webroot SecureAnywhere installs in seconds, scans in less than two minutes and never requires security updates or signature database downloads that consume network bandwidth and leave users exposed," said David Duncan, chief marketing officer at Webroot. "Only with Webroot's cloud-based security intelligence can you get the immediate protection against zero day threats that our customers are seeing today, and the new research by PassMark speaks for itself. Once again, Webroot has completely outshined the competition with our lightning-quick and game-changing performance."
©2014 Webroot Inc. All rights reserved. Webroot, SecureAnywhere, and Webroot SecureAnywhere are trademarks or registered trademarks of Webroot Inc. in the United States and other countries.