Broomfield, CO – January 22, 2014
Webroot, a leader in cloud-based security intelligence solutions, announced today the release of Webroot SecureAnywhere® AntiVirus for PC Gamers to ensure PC gamers are protected with real-time security during gameplay without impacting performance. This is critical for gamers, as they often sacrifice security to maximize system performance, and market research indicates a growing security threat. In a recent report on global phishing attacks, data showed that online gamers have become rich targets for cybercriminals.
"Cybercriminals are increasingly targeting gamers to gain access to their online gaming credentials, and other personal information that can be exploited for profit," said Mike Malloy, executive vice president of products and strategy at Webroot. "Gamers often turn off antivirus protection to avoid disrupting their gameplay, leaving themselves vulnerable to gaming-focused malware and cyber-attacks. With the release of Webroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus for PC Gamers, we provide complete protection while still allowing systems to run at the speed modern gaming demands."
Cloud-based Webroot SecureAnywhere threat detection offers connected gamers an alternative to the traditional security solutions that have proven ineffective against today's malware, and caused significant slow-downs on the high performance gaming systems they were meant to protect. Webroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus installs in seconds and scans most PC systems in less than two minutes. It uses less than 5MB of RAM and its cloud-based threat detection architecture means there are no security updates or definitions to download. All users are protected against the latest threats from the moment they are discovered – anywhere in the world.
Key features of Webroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus for PC Gamers:
- Allows maximum PC performance for gaming – either online or offline. No interruptions for downloads, scans, alerts or updates.
- Virtually no impact on performance, with less than 5MB of RAM usage and deep system scans in less than two minutes.
- Does not require "Gamer Mode" or "Silent Mode" which leave systems vulnerable and unprotected.
- The Webroot Identity Shield secures personal information from being stolen and protects gaming characters and accounts from keyloggers that capture account credentials.
- Cloud-based security means no need for daily updates – gamers will always have the most up to date version 24/7.
- Real-time anti-phishing protects against clicking on bogus links that trick gamers into entering personal information.
Purchasing and Availability
Webroot SecureAnywhere® AntiVirus for PC Gamers is now available online at www.webroot.com/gamer and on Amazon and Newegg.
©2015 Webroot Inc. All rights reserved. Webroot, SecureAnywhere, Webroot SecureAnywhere, Webroot Intelligence Network, WIN and Webroot Infrared are trademarks or registered trademarks of Webroot Inc. in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks are properties of their respective owners.