- Apple stabs Heartbleed bug in AirPort Extreme, Time Capsule gear read more »
- Cybercriminals Behind Operation Francophoned Start Using New Payload read more »
- Windows trojan packs punch, downloads ransomware "Cribit" read more »
- Spammers Use Non-Latin Characters to Evade Spam Filters read more »
- Stop Casting the Phishing Bait read more »
- Reg probe bombshell: How we HACKED mobile voicemail without a PIN read more »
- Dell, Cisco, Microsoft, Google and friends shower OpenSSL in $$$s to make it all better read more »
- Twitter Experiences Tsunami Of Malicious Messages read more »
- Cisco: Hey, IT depts. You're all malware hosts read more »
- Google Chrome 34.0.1847.131 Stable Realesed read more »
Malware Symptoms & Threats
The malware symptoms below are common signs of a malware infection. However, many types of malware operate without alerting you to their presence. These covert programs may be even more of a malware threat, as they can lead to Internet dangers like identity theft and credit card fraud. The only way to know for sure if your computer has a malware infection is to run a free scan.
Slow PC or frequent computer crashes? Even a small amount of malware on a system can slow down computing and crash your PC because it operates in the background, sapping hard drive resources. Learn more about combating poor PC performance.
Spyware can cause some unexplained PC behavior, especially for your browser. So if things are happening that you did not initiate, you may already be a victim. Some common changes in behavior include: mysterious new toolbars you can’t delete, unexplained changes to homepage settings and suspicious search results. Learn more about how you may lose control of your PC.
Familiar with pop-ups and spam? Harmless enough, right? Don't be fooled. While many pop-ups and emails from reputable companies are safe, the adware programs that generate illegitimate pop-ups are capable of installing spyware to hijack your browser and capture your personal information. Learn more about how pop-ups and spam can be more dangerous than annoying.