- Researchers Spot 64-Bit Version of ZeuS Malware read more »
- Adobe Shockwave Player v.18.104.22.168 read more »
- Microsoft Security Advisory Notification Issued: December 10, 2013 read more »
- Firefox 26 released, brings click to play plug-ins and reduced memory usage read more »
- 300 victims report fake support calls to security org read more »
- Evil Dexter lurks in card reader, ready to SLASH UP your credit score read more »
- MouaBad.P : Pocket Dialing For Profit read more »
- China-Based Hacking Group Targets Diplomats, Infiltrates Resellers read more »
- Adobe Flash Player for Internet Explorer 11.9.900.170 & Adobe Air 22.214.171.1240 read more »
- Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for December 2013 Issued: December 10, 2013 read more »
Posting Photos of Children Online
There’s nothing wrong with sharing photos of children online with friends and family. However, if parents don’t know how to manage privacy settings, the photos and videos they think they are only sharing with loved ones could be viewed by anybody—identity thieves, future employers and the rest of the world.
CBS News recently provided a few suggestions for parents to avoid potential pitfalls and keep children safe online:
- Before you upload a photo of your child to the Internet, ask yourself, "Will my child appreciate this being public ten years down the road?"
- Don’t upload naked baby photos of your child to the Web.
- Be cautious about whom you accept as a friend or follower on the social Web.
- Know how to manage your privacy settings. You can find your Facebook privacy information by clicking on "Account" and then "Privacy Settings." By default, all your Facebook information is public (the entire world can view it), so you have to go into your privacy settings and make desired adjustments.
- Never post the name of your child’s [birth dates], school, address, [email address], or phone numbers online.1
1Wang, Yan. "Keeping Your Child Safe in a Cyber World" (3 August, 2010). CBS News. Retrieved from http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504744_162-20012349-10391703.html