Boulder, CO – December 6, 2006
Webroot Software, Inc., the leading provider of anti-spyware software for consumer, enterprise and SME markets, today announced Webroot®, SME Security, a new Internet threat solution designed specifically to protect small and medium-sized enterprises from spyware and viruses. An effective, yet easy-to-use solution, Webroot SME Security combines best-of-breed anti-virus technology from Sophos® with the award-winning anti-spyware protection of Webroot® Spy Sweeper®. The result is a new standard of protection that offers SME customers the best value and ensures they maintain business continuity and productivity.
Backed by Webroot's own in-house customer support team, Webroot SME Security installs as a single desktop agent quickly and easily, just like Spy Sweeper® Enterprise, with no additional configuration required during setup. Additional attributes include:
- Easy-to-manage – The anti-virus component of Webroot SME Security is enabled by default and the results can easily be viewed and controlled through Webroot's powerful management console. Flexibility to add additional users and locations as an organization grows can easily be achieved through Webroot's unique distributor framework.
- Up-to-date protection - Webroot SME Security provides continuous real-time protection through frequent distribution of spyware and virus definitions. New definition updates are distributed multiple times per day.
- Co-exists with your existing applications - Webroot SME Security has been carefully tested against other desktop security applications to ensure cooperation among products.
- No impact on desktop performance - Both the anti-spyware and anti-virus scanning processes of Webroot SME Security are optimized for speed and efficiency. Scanning can be initiated in the background or after hours to minimize any impact to desktop performance. Desktops can be completely disinfected in a single operation.
- Automatic and flexible reporting options - Standard reports can be generated for both anti-spyware and anti-virus trends to give network administrators a quick view of the overall health of their network.
- Top rated by independent reviewers - Both components (anti-spyware and anti-virus) of Webroot SME Security are the recipients of numerous individual awards and reviews for performance and effectiveness making this solution one of the best values on the market.
"Small and medium-sized enterprises have a unique set of needs and challenges in regards to choosing and implementing an Internet threat solution. Constraints on price, technology infrastructure and personnel require the chosen solution to be easy-to-use, effective and, most importantly, a great value," said C. David Moll, CEO of Webroot Software. "We developed Webroot SME Security to specifically satisfy each of these requirements so our SME customers can maintain their normal productivity levels without the worry of Internet threats.
©2015 Webroot Inc. All rights reserved. Webroot, SecureAnywhere, and Webroot SecureAnywhere are trademarks or registered trademarks of Webroot Inc. in the United States and other countries.