Webroot, the market leader in intelligent cybersecurity for endpoints and collective threat intelligence, today announced details about the company’s participation at Black Hat USA 2015, taking place in Las Vegas, Nevada from August 1-6 at Mandalay Bay.
As a Platinum Plus Sponsor of Black Hat USA 2015, Webroot will showcase the power of collective threat intelligence, made highly accurate through the use of sophisticated machine learning and object correlation. This technology blocks in real time previously unknown threats - the same threats that other security solutions miss. Webroot cybersecurity thought leaders will provide an in-depth look at the current threat landscape as well as the use of contextual analysis and sophisticated machine learning during a speaking session at the conference.
Highlights of Webroot at Black Hat USA 2015 include:
- Live Presentations – Webroot security experts will provide intelligent cybersecurity presentations at booth #911 during Business Hall hours on August 5-6 and offer demonstrations of the latest Webroot Threat Intelligence technology and partner integrations such as LogRhythm, Palo Alto Networks and Splunk. Topics of discussion include business endpoint protection, Web security, and the company’s advanced machine learning approach to collective threat intelligence.
- Virtual Reality Demo of Real-time Collective Threat Intelligence – Webroot BrightCloud® Threat Intelligence Services can distinguish and block never-before-seen threats by utilizing patented mathematical models and advanced machine learning algorithms to examine how potential threats act and to scrutinize their associations with known malicious IPs, URLs, files and mobile applications, to six degrees of separation. This intelligence is then employed at the endpoint, network perimeter, and Web gateway to dramatically enhance an organization’s security posture. Experience this breakthrough in virtual reality at the Webroot booth.
- Speaking Session – David Dufour, senior director of security architecture at Webroot, will be presenting the talk “Understanding Threats Using Machine Learning and Contextual Analytics” on Thursday, August 6, at 12:10 PM PT in the Business Hall. Dufour will provide a detailed overview of Webroot’s sophisticated machine learning, a basic synopsis of contextualization, object correlation in the cloud, and an introduction to theories around predictability.
- Webroot Threat Brief – During 2014, Webroot found tens of millions of instances of malware and potentially unwanted applications (PUAs), monitored billions of IP addresses and URLs, analyzed millions of new and updated mobile apps for malicious behavior, and studied major worldwide malware trends based on data from millions of endpoints. Visit Webroot at Black Hat for a copy of the Webroot 2015 Threat Brief and comprehensive analysis of the report findings.
- #GetSmarter at @BlackHat – Join the conversation online direct from Las Vegas using the conference hashtag #BHUSA and #GetSmarter. Follow Webroot activity on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Facebook to discover new threat stats from Webroot research, live Black Hat conference coverage and collective threat intelligence best practices.
For more information about Webroot at Black Hat USA 2015, visit booth #911 or online at www.webroot.com/blackhat.