The security landscape has changed and traditional signature-based software can’t keep up. A recent study of IT decision makers found an overwhelming 95 percent experienced an endpoint-based attack last year1. Frustrated by traditional security solutions that consistently fail to protect them and require too much time and resources to adequately maintain, many IT managers have resorted to allocating budget for cleaning up the aftermath of attacks.
Today, Webroot, a leader in delivering Internet security as a service, responds by declaring the end of a decade of inadequate endpoint protection by introducing Webroot® SecureAnywhere™ Business – Endpoint Protection. This new cloud-based protection takes the misery out of security by delivering the fastest, lightest, easiest to manage, and most effective endpoint protection available2. IT managers no longer have to waste resources and lose user productivity due to intrusive scans and continuous signature updating, patching, and reimaging.
The product is now available for purchase or trial online at www.webroot.com and through Webroot account managers and authorized channel partners in North America, the United Kingdom, the Asia-Pacific region, and across EMEA.
Webroot is first to use the power of the cloud to provide superior protection, unmatched manageability, and unparalleled performance.
Superior Protection: Webroot delivers relief and cost savings for IT through superior protection against new threats. At its core is the award-winning anti-malware technology of the Webroot SecureAnywhere Consumer portfolio, which "achieved perfect scores across the board3" in testing by PCMag.com and is being adopted by a new user every 15 seconds.
Webroot SecureAnywhere – Endpoint Protection delivers the full spectrum of security, including detection of all types of known malware and advanced persistent threats; identity and privacy protection; firewall; and system cleanup. IT administrators no longer need spend time and resources managing these functions disparately; they can now holistically and effectively protect their entire organization at less cost.
Webroot SecureAnywhere never requires security updates or signature database downloads which eat network bandwidth and leave users exposed. Webroot analyzes every file that tries to run on a computer in the cloud. When a new threat is identified, every Webroot customer is protected within seconds.
Unlike traditional security solutions which can leave behind damaged files or traces of malware after an infection, Webroot SecureAnywhere – Endpoint Protection includes a rollback feature that restores the system to its previous safe state. This can eliminate the need for reimaging every infected computer, which eats up more than 17 hours of an IT manager’s time every month4.
If a computer is offline, Webroot monitors the system and if malicious activity is observed, it will automatically take action against it and then clean up the damage it may have caused.
Unmatched manageability: With Webroot SecureAnywhere – Endpoint Protection, IT administrators can manage every aspect of their endpoint protection through a single Web-based console. Accessible from anywhere, it enables administrators to monitor security status, remediate infected machines and initiate scans remotely. The tool also significantly simplifies setting Web and application usage policies at individual, group or company-wide levels, a process that consumes more than 16 hours per month with traditional security solutions5.
Unparalleled performance: Webroot SecureAnywhere – Endpoint Protection sets a new standard for performance, installing in less than 6 seconds -- 42 times faster than the average competitor6. It uses 12MB of memory during initial scan, which is less than 10% of the memory needed by the average traditional security tool7. Its system scan, which searches the system for rootkits and complex threats, takes less than 2 minutes on average8.
Scans run virtually invisibly in the background so employees can continue to use their computers without disruption. IT administrators no longer need to deal with users who turn scans off to avoid them. Administrators at organizations that have implemented Webroot SecureAnywhere – Endpoint Protection report their users immediately noticed a significant difference in productivity.
(See "Endorsements" below for global customer, partner and executive references.)
Key security features:
- Behavior-based threat analysis: Eliminates the need for signatures, minimizes the window of vulnerability.
- Webroot Intelligence Network: A cloud-based infrastructure that delivers a faster response to new threats than ever before. Once a threat is detected, every endpoint on the network is protected.
- Offline protection: Includes protection for machines when they’re offline, whether inside or outside the corporate firewall.
- Journaling and roll-back: Proactively monitors any change made to an endpoint by a malicious file and rolls the system back to the safe state, eliminating the need for re-imaging machines.
- Cloud-based firewall: Augments the Microsoft Windows firewall; protects against "phone home" attacks and ensures only policy-approved applications communicate with the network.
- Identity and Privacy Shield: Hardens the OS and browser to prevent loss of intellectual property through hijacks, keyloggers, and screen-scrapers.
Key management features:
- Centralized endpoint management console: Ideal for dispersed organizations. Administrators can remotely execute commands such as scanning, killing un-trusted processes, rebooting, or running a script, on any endpoint.
- Centralized policy control: Remotely set application and Web usage policies at the individual, group or companywide level.
- System cleaner: Gives IT an alternative to reimaging as a first response.
- Remote deployment tool: Easily installs the product across every endpoint on the network. Typical installation time is less than 6 seconds.
- Won’t conflict with other security solutions: No need to uninstall existing security products to trial or deploy it. Can be used standalone or as a second layer of protection.
For more product information including sales channels, visit www.webroot.com.
1 "The State of Endpoint Protection," Forrester Consulting research commissioned by Webroot, October 2011
2 PassMark Software, "Webroot SecureAnywhere – Endpoint Protection vs Seven Traditional Endpoint Security Products," February 2012
3 Webroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus 2012 review, PCMag.com, October 4, 2011
4 Webroot research, February 2011 www.webroot.com/company/press-room/releases/companies-spend-16-days-a-month-maintaining-on-premise-security-solutions