Boulder, CO – July 26, 2010
Webroot, the first Internet security service company, today announced the availability of Webroot® Internet Security Complete, the company’s newest consumer offering. Webroot Internet Security Complete introduces the most comprehensive protection for today’s Internet user, integrating Webroot’s enterprise-class cloud protection with technologies that secure what consumers care about the most: identity, privacy and personal data.
"Security and privacy on the Web are becoming more complex – we're performing more personal transactions online, from an expanding number of locations and devices," said Mike Kronenberg, chief technology officer at Webroot. "At the same time, Webroot is seeing more than 40,000 new threats emerge every day. Traditional desktop security alone can’t protect consumers in today’s threat landscape. Webroot Internet Security Complete addresses these critical issues by delivering unparalleled Web-based protection that protects the person rather than the PC."
Webroot Internet Security Complete delivers four key benefits:
- Unparalleled protection against malware and hackers using both desktop and security-as-a-service technologies to provide faster protection against emerging threats
- Secure access to personal files and log-in credentials whenever customers need them by synchronizing between their devices and providing access through a unique Web portal
- Multiple layers of identity protection – password management, credit card protection and credit monitoring
- All-new product design from the customer’s perspective to make the computing experience fast and secure without disruption
"For consumers, Security as a Service (SaaS) is the future of security," said Charles Kolodgy, research vice president for Security Products at IDC. "With consumers facing increasingly sophisticated attacks spawned by malware from legitimate Web sites, a comprehensive approach is needed that provides quick defense against new threats. As worldwide cyber-crime increases, SaaS potentially provides Internet users with comprehensive, near real-time protection across applications and Web activities. Webroot addresses this need with its SaaS product; furthermore, it enables portability for user data by allowing the transfer of important files between computers and other devices. This means that users can access data and applications from anywhere, without compromising security."
Key features of Webroot Internet Security Complete include:
- Multi-layered malware protection that more effectively protects against viruses, Trojans, worms and rootkits
- File synchronization and sharing across multiple PCs, including 10GB of storage in the cloud
- Password manager that protects your passwords and provides secure form-filling
- Webroot.com/mywebroot, a Web portal that makes files secure and accessible from any browser
- Cloud-based technology that instantly scans and classifies URLs returned in search results, sent in emails, or posted on social networks to protect you from visiting malicious sites
- Completely new interface that’s designed to give you access to everything you need from the home screen and make your overall security experience easy
- Malware scanning is up to 5x faster over Webroot’s last full product release
- Automatic malware scanning now takes place on a daily basis when your computer is idle to avoid disrupting you
- Automatic quarantine of malware that’s detected – which means fewer alerts and interruptions for customers
- Lost wallet service including credit card monitoring for up to three credit cards (US only)
- Compatibility with Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP operating systems
A standard one-year subscription of Webroot Internet Security Complete protects up to three PCs for $79.95/£49.99. Customers can upgrade their accounts for more storage, PCs secured and credit cards monitored for an additional cost.
Additional Product Releases:Today’s product announcement also includes the latest editions of
- Webroot Internet Security Essentials, a suite that integrates antivirus, antispyware and firewall security with automatic file backup
- Webroot AntiVirus with Spy Sweeper®, which combines award-winning virus protection with complete security against spyware
- Webroot Spy Sweeper, which offers comprehensive antispyware detection and protection
All of Webroot's consumer products include free local phone support for 1 year; free 24/7 email and Web assistance; and program and definition updates for the life of the subscription. Each of these products is compatible with Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP operating systems.
For more information and to purchase any of Webroot’s consumer products, visit http://www.webroot.com/pt/pt/home/. The product is also available in select retail stores.
©2016 Webroot Inc. All rights reserved. Webroot, SecureAnywhere, and Webroot SecureAnywhere are trademarks or registered trademarks of Webroot Inc. in the United States and other countries.