Webroot, the market leader in endpoint security, network security, and threat intelligence, announced 15 percent year-over-year bookings growth for its fiscal year ending on June 30, 2017. The fourth fiscal quarter of 2017 marks Webroot’s fourteenth consecutive quarter of double-digit company and business segment growth. Overall, Webroot’s year-over-year business segment bookings for 2017 grew by 35 percent. The consumer segment grew by 6 percent.
Key Fiscal Year 2017 Highlights:
- In 2017, Webroot added over 3,800 managed service providers (MSPs), bringing the total to over 9,400 MSPs. The company protects more than 210,000 businesses.
- Clarity Channel Advisors named Webroot as the number one endpoint protection provider to MSPs with 30 percent market share, based on 2016 MSPmentor 501 Survey data.
- Webroot added 16 new BrightCloud© Threat Intelligence Services technology alliance partners in 2017 including Clavister and Guidance Software, and renewed or expanded relationships with another six partners.
- On the consumer side of the business, Webroot’s 6 percent year over year growth was six times the overall information security market growth, estimated at 1 percent CAGR 2016-2021 for the consumer security software market worldwide by Gartner in its Forecast Analysis: Information Security, Worldwide, 1Q17 Update report from June 2017.
Product Innovation in the Year
- Webroot introduced SecureAnywhere® DNS Protection, a domain name resolution service, to provide organizations with increased protection from multiple threat vectors. Webroot SecureAnywhere DNS Protection blocks attacks at the network layer. It uses 82 URL categories for granular control to automatically filter dangerous and questionable sites containing phishing or malware.
- Webroot announced its BrightCloud® Streaming Malware Detection solution for integration by network infrastructure and security appliance providers. This unique technology leverages advanced fifth-generation machine learning to identify and stop malicious files through byte-by-byte analysis over 500 times faster than traditional sandboxes. The service integrates with network appliances to detect polymorphic malware in transit, in real time, without impacting throughput or needing to download the entire file.
- Webroot acquired CyberFlow Analytics, an innovator in the field of network behavioral analytics. FlowScape Analytics is now integrated with BrightCloud Threat Intelligence Services to significantly accelerate the discovery and investigation of unknown threats that access, traverse, and exit today’s disparate networks.
- Webroot extended new capabilities for MSPs with the release of the Unity API. MSP administrators can use the Unity API to securely integrate services and data sets to Webroot SecureAnywhere® Business Endpoint Protection. This enables them to easily extract data, as well as tailor, integrate, and automate their endpoint offerings for better productivity, improved financial control, customized alerting and reporting, and increased profitability.
- Webroot took top honors in the Best Customer Service Category at the prestigious SC Awards at the RSA Conference 2017.
- Webroot was the only endpoint security product included in PCMag’s “Best Business Products of 2016” December feature. The publication called Webroot SecureAnywhere Business Endpoint Protection “the best Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) endpoint protection software available to businesses today,” highlighting “outstanding client protections” and the “standout” graphical policy management.
- Webroot won gold in December in the Best in Biz Awards for Most Customer Friendly Company of the Year. This distinction underscored Webroot’s commitment to customer satisfaction and support.
- Webroot BrightCloud® Threat Investigator received a silver Info Security Products Guide’s 2017 Global Excellence Award in the New Product or Service Announcement category. The Global Excellence Awards program recognizes security and IT vendors with advanced, groundbreaking products and solutions that help set the bar higher in all areas of security and technology.
- CRN named Webroot CEO Dick Williams to its 2016 list of the Top 100 Executives, an annual list recognizing technology industry leaders who have helped shape today’s IT channel. Additionally, CRN named Webroot to its 2016 Internet of Things 50 list, which recognizes companies whose innovative offerings are helping connect objects, computing devices, infrastructure, data storage and data analytics to transform and improve the way we work and live.
Dick Williams, CEO of Webroot
“2017 was a banner year for Webroot. More than 210,000 businesses now have safer endpoints and networks thanks to Webroot, all based on the most sophisticated threat intelligence engine in the industry. Our 14 quarters of consecutive double-digit growth prove our ability to execute, and create the foundation for much more innovation to come.”
Webroot delivers endpoint security and network security and threat intelligence services to protect businesses and individuals around the globe. Our smarter approach harnesses the power of cloud-based collective threat intelligence derived from millions of real-world devices to stop threats in real time and help secure the connected world. Our award-winning SecureAnywhere® endpoint solutions, BrightCloud® Threat Intelligence Services, and FlowScape© solution protect millions of devices across businesses, home users, and the Internet of Things. Webroot is trusted and integrated by market-leading companies, including Cisco, F5 Networks, Aruba, Palo Alto Networks, A10 Networks, and more. Headquartered in Colorado, Webroot operates globally across North America, Europe, and Asia. Discover Smarter Cybersecurity© solutions at www.webroot.com.