Boulder, CO – August 7, 2007
Webroot Software, Inc., a leading provider of security software for the consumer, enterprise and SMB markets, today announced the release of Webroot® AntiSpyware Corporate Edition with AntiVirus. In addition to compatibility with the Windows Vista™ operating system, key new features include Active Directory integration for simplified network deployment, Behavioral Genotype protection from Sophos® which analyzes viral behavior to prevent it from executing, and the latest updates to Webroot’s award–winning antispyware technology.
Spyware has rapidly climbed the list of enterprise security threats and now ranks as one of the leading threats facing corporations today. In fact, a recent report from Gartner estimates that 75 percent of all enterprises will be infected with undetected, financially motivated malware by the end of 2007.
"Spyware is growing and changing as the financial motivation has brought an entirely new level of sophistication. Additionally, virus outbreaks continue to cause significant financial damage while becoming harder to detect through established methods. Together they are causing increasing network downtime, decreased productivity, mounting legal and compliance fees and significant brand destruction due to data loss," said Peter Watkins, CEO, Webroot Software. "Today's enterprises need a simpler solution to combat these increasingly complex threats. We have improved our existing solutions by seamlessly integrating best of breed antispyware and antivirus at the desktop, extending their ability to marginalize unknown threats with HIPS and Behavioral Genotyping, and by streamlining deployment with Active Directory Integration."
As a signal of its intention to broaden its security offerings, Webroot has re–branded its existing product line in this release. Webroot® AntiSpyware Corporate Edition with AntiVirus and Webroot AntiSpyware Corporate Edition represent the newly branded versions of Webroot SME Security 3.1 and Spy Sweeper® Enterprise 3.0, respectively. Registered customers can upgrade their existing Webroot security solutions to the newly–released versions at no cost.
"As the clearly acknowledged leader in antispyware, Webroot has just substantially improved its capabilities by combining with the new antivirus behavioral capability and HIPS in preventing attacks by undefined malware," added Watkins. "We feel that our lead over the competition just got a lot bigger by providing a superior solution. Many of the AV vendors today have lead IT managers into believing that they are protected while many of the industry analysts will tell you that it's not the truth."
New and Enhanced Features
Webroot® AntiSpyware Corporate Edition with AntiVirus includes new and enhanced features in both its antispyware and antivirus protection:
- New Active Directory Integration. Provides customers with the ability to import groups and users into the Webroot management console for ease of client management and installation;
- New Sophos Behavioral Genotype Protection. This new feature from Sophos analyzes behavior before code executes, without creating a false positive problem and without deploying separate software. It also provides benefits of a Host Intrusion Prevention System (HIPS) and allows the solution to guard against unknown malware threats;
- New Windows Vista Compatibility. The new version is now compatible with Windows Vista. In a competitive analysis, Webroot blocked 100 percent of malware compared to only 16 percent by Windows Vista’s default malware blocking application;
- Enhanced Proactive Real–time Threat Protection. Through the use of powerful on–write, on–read, and on–execute Smart Shields, the solution proactively blocks spyware threats during read operations and before files can write or install on the end–user’s workstation. These shields protect the most common threat entry points including changes to system memory, registry entries, host files, startup processes, browser–hijackings and many other security settings; and,
- Enhanced Spyware Detection, Trace and Real–time Threat Reports. Additional powerful reporting options provide network administrators the ability to track and report on instances of spyware through updated quarantine, trace detail, single spy and shield event reports. New reports also help justify product efficacy and value.
Webroot® AntiSpyware Corporate Edition with AntiVirus is the latest in a line of acclaimed business solutions, and includes the following features companies have come to expect from Webroot:
- Award–Winning Protection. Independent testing by VeriTest determined Webroot to be at least 40 percent more effective in identifying and removing spyware such as Trojans and keyloggers compared to Symantec, McAfee, Trend and Sunbelt Software. Sophos’ antivirus technology has been certified by Virus Bulletin, a leading independent antivirus research company, 38 times since 1998, placing it in the top tier of antivirus protection providers;
- Flexible, Centralized Management. Corporate Webroot customers manage both antispyware and antivirus functions from a single web–based management console, making even global administration easier;
- Minimal Impact on Desktop Performance. Because both the antispyware and antivirus scanning processes are optimized for speed and efficiency, scanning can be initiated in the background or scheduled for after–hours to minimize any impact to desktop performance. This scanning technology allows for desktops to be completely disinfected in a single operation; and,
- Scalability. Webroot® AntiSpyware Corporate Edition with AntiVirus is designed to operate on any sized network and protects customers ranging from small– and medium–sized businesses to large enterprises. Because of this scalability, the solution can expand to meet all growing business needs.
Pricing and Availability
Webroot® AntiSpyware Corporate Edition with AntiVirus is currently available for purchase, as well as the stand–alone version, Webroot AntiSpyware Corporate Edition, for those looking only for antispyware protection. Both versions will be available in French, German and Japanese. Potential customers can visit http://www.webroot.com/ for more information regarding upgrading their current Internet security solutions. Both versions are backed by free local support that includes 24/7/365 access to a robust knowledge base, toll–free telephone access to a knowledgeable staff, and free product and defense updates for the duration of a subscription.
©2017 Webroot Inc. All rights reserved. Webroot, SecureAnywhere, and Webroot SecureAnywhere are trademarks or registered trademarks of Webroot Inc. in the United States and other countries.