Webroot, the Smarter Cybersecurity® company, has been named a “Trail Blazer” in the APT Protection – Market Quadrant 2018 report by The Radicati Group. The industry analyst report identifies vendors by the development of their strategy and technology in regard to the detection, prevention, and possible remediation of zero-day threats and persistent malicious attacks. The independent analysis recognizes Webroot SecureAnywhere® Business Endpoint Protection as an advanced, best-of-breed technology for its real-time, cloud-based approach to preventing malware.
About the Radicati Market Quadrant:
- The Radicati Market Quadrant illustrates how individual vendors fit within specific technology markets, and is composed of four sections: Top Players, Trail Blazers, Specialists and Mature Players.
- Vendors are positioned according to two criteria:
- Functionality – breadth and depth of the solution’s features.
- Strategic Vision – including a thorough understanding of customer needs, ability to deliver through attractive pricing and channel models, solid customer support and strong ongoing innovation.
- Vendors in the APT Protection space are evaluated based on the following key features: deployment options, platform support, malware detection, encrypted traffic analysis, mobile device protection, real-time updates, remediation, and environment threat analysis.
- Radicati also considers pricing, customer support, and professional services.
About Webroot SecureAnywhere Business Endpoint Protection:
- Webroot SecureAnywhere Business Endpoint Protection is a high-performance endpoint malware prevention and management solution.
- It combines real-time intelligence from Webroot BrightCloud services with advanced machine learning and behavior-based heuristics to detect, analyze, categorize, score, and accurately predict the threats each endpoint is experiencing in real time.
- The Webroot Threat Intelligence Platform uses machine learning, maximum entropy discrimination (MED) Big Data processing techniques, coupled with high computational scalability and actionable security intelligence to detect and prevent APTs.
- Webroot relies on behavioral analysis, which allows for continuous updates to known bad and known good files, allowing the solution to track the activity of files that are unknown or not already marked as good.
Hal Lonas, CTO, Webroot
“We are honored to be recognized by The Radicati Group as a market trail blazer. At Webroot, we understand the risks posed by advanced persistent threats and the need for a comprehensive solution that detects and prevents threats at each endpoint in real time. The recognition demonstrates our commitment to provide a unique security solution with highly accurate and effective endpoint malware prevention.”
Sara Radicati, President and CEO, The Radicati Group
“With the sophistication of today’s cyberthreats, it is critical that organizations are able to protect against even the most advanced malware attacks. Webroot’s approach to malware prevention offers visibility of endpoint infections through its dwell-time alerting reporting to detect and prevent APTs in real-time.”
- APT Protection – Market Quadrant 2018 Report
- SecureAnywhere Business Endpoint Protection
- Webroot Threat Intelligence Platform
Webroot was the first to harness the cloud and artificial intelligence to protect businesses and individuals against cyber threats. We provide the number one security solution for managed service providers and small businesses, who rely on Webroot for endpoint protection, network protection, and security awareness training. Webroot BrightCloud® Threat Intelligence Services are used by market leading companies like Cisco, F5 Networks, Citrix, Aruba, Palo Alto Networks, A10 Networks, and more. Leveraging the power of machine learning to protect millions of businesses and individuals, Webroot secures the connected world. Headquartered in Colorado, Webroot operates globally across North America, Europe, and Asia. Discover Smarter Cybersecurity® solutions at webroot.com.