Webroot, a leader in delivering Internet security as a service, today announced the launch of Webroot® SecureAnywhere™ Business -- Mobile Protection, the only endpoint security solution to use a single, web-based administration console to secure mobile devices and PCs within a corporate environment . The newest member of this integrated Webroot SecureAnywhere Business platform of endpoint security solutions was developed specifically for small to medium businesses (SMB) that are looking for a mobile security solution that is easily deployable and manageable to answer to their security and protection needs.
Only Webroot uses a single cloud-based console to solve the distinct problem of managing the security of employee devices – something that more than 57 percent of recent survey respondents reported as a significant issue with the rise of Bring-Your-Own-Device (BYOD) in the enterprise. This web-based console also provides a view into an organization's desktop computers protected by Webroot SecureAnywhere Business – Endpoint Protection within the same view, a unique differentiator.
SecureAnywhere Business – Mobile Protection offers cloud-based security, over-the-air deployment and support for the most popular mobile platforms in the market – iOS and Android. In addition, the solution delivers superior protection of corporate data against malware, lost devices and malicious websites and apps.
"We developed this product specifically with the SMB market in mind, to provide a security option for smaller organizations that might not need a full mobile device management solution," said Mike Malloy, executive vice president of Webroot Products and Strategy. "The goal was always to ensure that IT administrators could support a broad range of devices from the same console – making the addition incredibly easy for our current customers and the switch incredibly logical for our future ones."
Along with simplified management, Webroot SecureAnywhere Business – Mobile Protection provides market-leading security capabilities to provide robust data protection against the unique threats to the mobile environment. Webroot provides advanced antimalware detection powered by the Webroot Intelligence Network. This scans all applications, files and SD cards in addition to providing multi-layered, real-time protection to alert users of potential threats and unsecured device settings. Lost device protection capabilities also provide administrators the ability to lock/unlock, wipe, locate and trigger a "scream" to help users find, recover or immobilize a lost device.
In addition to the many benefits already associated with SecureAnywhere Business -- Endpoint Protection, the mobile solution also includes:
- Unified management from a single console for mobile devices and endpoints (PCs)
- Cloud-based (SaaS) management and protection
- Single point of support for Android and iOS devices as well as PCs
- Advanced antimalware detection powered by Webroot Intelligence Network
- Lost Device Protection
- Secure Web Browsing – automatically blocks malicious or phishing websites a user tries to access from their mobile device
- Call/SMS Blocking – blocks unwanted calls or SMS messages in addition to blocking SMS messages that contain malicious URLs
- Application inspector – scans apps and notifies the user of those that access sensitive data they shouldn't, track device location, send email or SMS messages, drain the battery, or cost money
- Lightweight client, fast scans
- Minimizes battery, bandwidth and memory consumption
- Provides view of battery status and power usage by each application
- Monitors applications that are accessing the network
- Integrated Open Webroot technical support
- No servers or on-premise infrastructure required, reducing capital expenditure and administrative costs
- Infinitely scalable, unlimited number of devices can be managed from one account
- Fast implementation and free feature upgrades included
SecureAnywhere Business – Mobile Protection, which supports both the iOS and Android platforms, is available now for a FREE 30-day, no obligation trial that takes only minutes to set-up and deploy.
About the Research
Between July 30, 2012 and August 1, 2012, Webroot commissioned a study of endpoint and mobile security decision-makers in companies with 10 or more employees in the United States, United Kingdom, and Australia. Research Now provided respondents from their online panel of IT and business executives. A total of 741 people responded to an online survey hosted by Qualtrics. The margin of error for the study is +/- 3.6 percentage points at the 95 percent level of confidence.