Webroot, the market leader in cloud-based, real-time Internet threat detection, today announced that Webroot SecureAnywhere® Business – Endpoint Protection has again been identified as the performance leader among eight endpoint protection products. These products were tested for overall impact on PC performance by Passmark Software, an independent software testing lab.
Webroot earned top ratings for the second consecutive year in this comprehensive performance testing, finishing 38 percent ahead of the next closest competitor in overall performance score. Each product was rated according to 13 core performance metrics using the Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit operating system. Based on the results, Webroot SecureAnywhere Business – Endpoint Protection installed faster, scanned faster, used less memory and required less disk space than every major competitor. The complete report is available at http://www.webroot.com/shared/pdf/Passmark_Endpoint.pdf.
Top Report Findings for Webroot SecureAnywhere Business – Endpoint Protection:
- Installed nearly 9 times faster than the nearest competitor, and over 250 times faster than the worst performing product.
- Requires 13 times less disk space than the next smallest product tested, 79 times less than the largest product tested.
- Lightest on CPU usage while scanning, requiring less than half the processing power of the average competitive product.
- Uses only 93 percent less memory than the average competitor when running an initial scan.
- Attained the highest overall score, 97 out of 104 possible points, beating the next closest competitor by 38 percent.
“When we released Webroot SecureAnywhere Business – Endpoint Protection two years ago, it set a new standard for performance; eliminating the system lags, slow scans, and other performance problems that businesses had experienced for years with other endpoint security products," said Mike Malloy, executive vice president of products and strategy at Webroot. "The latest Passmark test results clearly show Webroot has maintained that advantage. In terms of overall performance, there's Webroot, and then there's everyone else.”
©~:embedDate:Y:~ Webroot Inc. All rights reserved. Webroot, SecureAnywhere, Webroot SecureAnywhere, Webroot Intelligence Network, WIN and Webroot Infrared are trademarks or registered trademarks of Webroot Inc. in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks are properties of their respective owners.