Webroot, the Smarter Cybersecurity® company, announced it has won the MRG Effitas Online Banking/Browser Security award for the third year in a row. The award evaluates the reliability and efficiency of solutions to protect financial services companies, which are among the most security-conscious in the world. Webroot’s SecureAnywhere® was one of only three solutions to receive this honor.
About the MRG Effitas Online Banking/Browser Security Award:
- The MRG Effitas Award is the result of a quarterly comparative quality assessment which tests solutions against real-world conditions, such as in-the-wild financial malware and live botnets.
- This assessment measured Webroot’s ability to protect an endpoint from a live infection, and, in the event of a system being compromised, the time taken to detect the infection and remediate the system.
- The test concluded that SecureAnywhere® solutions protect online banking transactions and e-shopping on a computer that is infected with active financial malware.
About Webroot SecureAnywhere® protection:
- Webroot SecureAnywhere® Business Endpoint Protection is specifically designed to help block financially targeted malware.
- With real-time, cloud-based detection and highly accurate collective threat intelligence, it helps to protect both Windows® and Mac® devices from phishing scams, Trojans, and spyware designed to steal businesses’ financial information.
- The Identity Shield feature of SecureAnywhere® protection provides secure browsing, anti-phishing, and credential protection to protect online sessions, even if the customer’s computer is already infected.
- The Identity Shield effectively places a firewall around browsers and the system, protecting users from external intruders who steal information.
- Additionally, SecureAnywhere® solutions were designed to run alongside existing security software without conflicts, providing a comprehensive, layered protection approach.
Grayson Milbourne, Security Intelligence Director at Webroot
“This award demonstrates how Webroot continues to be a leader in innovation by evolving our technology to keep up with sophisticated threats. Throughout testing, not only did our solution block all known financial-focused threats, but its layered approach protected against MRG’s custom-built simulators that replicate advanced data compromise techniques.”
- For MRG's award post, click here.
- For MRG's Webroot certification report, click here.
- For more Webroot SecureAnywhere Business Endpoint Protection, click here.
- To learn about the Webroot Threat Intelligence Platform, click here.
About MRG Effitas
MRG Effitas is a UK-based independent IT security research company that provides a range of cutting-edge efficacy assessment and assurance services to organizations around the world. Since its inception, MRG Effitas has focused on providing ground-breaking testing processes, realistically modeling real-world environments in order to generate accurate efficacy assessments appropriate for new security technologies and emerging threats. Today, MRG Effitas is recognized by several leading security vendors as being the most innovative testing and assessment organization in the market. Its team of analysts, researchers and associates span EMEA, USA, and China, meaning that the company has a truly global presence.
Webroot was the first to harness the cloud and artificial intelligence to protect businesses and individuals against cyber threats. We provide the number one security solution for managed service providers and small businesses, who rely on Webroot for endpoint protection, network protection, and security awareness training. Webroot BrightCloud® Threat Intelligence Services are used by market-leading companies like Cisco, F5 Networks, Citrix, Aruba, Palo Alto Networks, A10 Networks, and more. Leveraging the power of machine learning to protect millions of businesses and individuals, Webroot secures the connected world. Headquartered in Colorado, Webroot operates globally across North America, Europe, and Asia. Discover Smarter Cybersecurity® solutions at webroot.com.